Thursday, August 7, 2008

"what friendship really is.."

"impressions"

My idea of friendship is more than companionship. The term is deeper than that. If you are friends with someone because you have similar interests, because you see each other everyday, because you get used to being with each other… then you are not seeing what friendship truly is.

Friendship is very much like love. In the most holy of books it is written: “Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails. And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.”

They say that true friends are really hard to find. But I always believe that there is a true friend in each and every one of us. All men are naturally good. All men are capable of being a friend. All men are worthy of being loved. I guess what is more difficult for other people to do is share ones friends to others they do not consider their own. This world is filled with souls who search for treasures and keep their riches locked for others not to see. What these souls do not realize is that the world’s greatest treasures are not meant to be possessed and padlocked. The most priceless gems should be valued and at the same time, be shared.

Like love, friendship should not be hindered from exploring its immense capacities. It can only realize its own worth if it is given freedom and complete trust. A friend in a closed box would surely suffocate but a friend planted on the ground of an open field would grow with branches, bear fruits, and return to the soil that nourishes it - its utmost gratitude by scattering seeds and adding more jewels to the world.

I am deeply thankful having good friends who really bring out the very best of me. They are the people who can see the real me because they have accepted me for who I am. I pity doubting souls who believe that friendship, like love, is sometimes blind. True friends are never blind! They see what is beneath the surface. They see what is beyond words.

I thank all of you who are always there for me.For giving me a positive outlook towards life and everything that it shelters including friendship. I hope that people would realize that friendship needs to breathe, needs to soar, needs to swim, needs to laugh, needs to cry, needs to feel pain sometimes, needs no demands, needs no hearsays, needs no doubts, needs nothing but faith, hope, and love.

I repeat, there is goodness in all of us. And I hope that the world would start to see the white sheet first before the little black ink on its corner. In that way the world would be a better place to live in. You are able to read this article because you are on my friends’ list. That means to say; in a simple or in a grand way we have touched each others’ lives. You are a friend to me though maybe, we haven’t seen each other for so long, or that we are simply bound by a common friend… still you cannot deny the fact that we are fastened by something extraordinary and unexplainable.

-kevin ^_^
blog comments powered by Disqus